Sunday, September 19, 2010

Evernight - Claudia Gray

4/5 Stars

Bianca wants to escape.

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.


I saw this book in my local supermarket - along with most of my other books. I read the blurb in the store and decided to buy the book. On my way home I read the prologue and couldn't wait to get started on the book.
This book is really good and caught my attention from the go which for me is something I love in a book. If it doesn't pull me in by the end of Chapter One I give up reading the book unless I have nothing else to read.
Even though after reading the prologue I thought I had an idea of what I though the book was about bits of it were different and it surprised me.
You get those books where you think its going to be great but not many 'live up to it' well Evernight does.
Evernight is one of the best books i've read this year so far. Claudia Gray makes it look like she has written dozens of books, even thought Evernight was her first.

The book is about a teenage girl Bianca who's parents get a job teaching at Evernight Academy. Bianca doesnt want to be their, so she decideds to run away - she runs as more of a statement than anything - but she ends up bumping into Lucas another student who has just arrived at the school. They hit it off right away and exchange there running away stories. Bianca is pulled into a love story with a twist.
After talking with Bianca a while Lucas convinces her to go back to Evernight and when she returns her parents are still asleep and never noticed she had gone anywhere.

I think the main characters are interesting. You will fall for bad boy Lucas who has an attitude but not in the way that will make you hate him - although you may hate him a little at some point in the book because I no I did - And you will feel sorry for Bianca throughout the book.

Lucas will shock you so be prepared!!!

I cant wait to read the next book in this series.

All in all I enjoyed the book and recommend I to anyone who loves a good vampire and teen romance book.

You will be hooked from the prologue on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...