Monday, August 15, 2011

A Breath of Fresh Air - Erica James

1/5 Stars

Charlotte is consumed by guilt - after months of agonising she finally asks her workaholic husband for a divorce. The very same day Peter was killed in a tragic accident. Charlotte's only wish is to return home to the idyllic Cheshire village of her childhood.

Ivy Cottage and Hulme Welford are all Charlotte remembered - Lunch in the shade of the fig tree and fork suppers. And her interfering sister Hilary hasn't changed either, organising everything from milk on the doorstep to Alex, the sitting tenant.

Hilary is determined that Charlotte, far too young for a widow's weeds, should find love anew. And what better place to start than with the eligible bachelor next door?

I read this book in June and I honestly didn't like it. It just couldn't keep me interested and it took me months to finally get round to finishing it (I have to finish a book if I start it)

I liked Charlotte but she was to depressing, yeah her husband died, but she didn't love love him anyway so why was she so guilty?

I spent most the time wishing Charlotte would lighten up a bit and tell her interfering sister to do one and wishing that she would hurry up and hook up with Alex.

I might read this book again one day, but right now it can sit with the rest of the books on my shelf of disappointment.

Currently Reading: Heat Wave - Richard Castle
Books Read in 2011: 4/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...