Saturday, April 21, 2012

We Bury a Landscape - Kristine Ong Muslim


3/5 Stars

We Bury the Landscape is an exhibition of literary art. Ekphrasis, collected. One hundred flash fictions and prose poems presented to view. From the visual to the textual, transmuting before the gallery-goer’s gaze, the shifting contours of curator Kristine Ong Muslim’s surreal panorama delineate the unconventional, the unexpected, and the unnatural. Traversing this visionary vista’s panoply of “rooms of unfinished lives,” the reader unearths and examines and reanimates—revealing the transcendent uncanniness that subsists underfoot.

When I first looked at this book I thought 'oh I probably won't read this' I'm not a fan of poetry but when I actually got round to reading it I found it wasn't poems it was actually very short stories about paintings.  I like how the author looked at many different paintings to come up with these short stories.



Currently Reading: Interview with the Daredevil by Nicola Marsh
Read in 2012: 5/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...