Saturday, May 12, 2012

Legacy - Jenna Burtenshaw

5/5 Stars

Kate Winters' ancestors created the mysterious book of Wintercraft to record their dark manipulations of the veil between life and death. Now Kate's memory is lost, the book is all she has to guide her.

Rumours abound of lost souls roaming Albion's graveyard city of Fume, wreaking chaos. The veil is weakening and Dalliah Grey, Kate's travelling companion, is determined that they must both be there when it falls.

But Dalliah is not to be trusted. Surrounded by deception, Kate must break away, defy the will of her ancestors and decide her own fate, alone.

Exiled warrior Silas Dane plans to find Kate and defend Albion from advancing enemy armies seeking to profit from the confusion.

These are dangerous days and Silas knows, for Albion to survive, sacrifices will have to be made.


Wow what can I say, Wintercraft: Legacy is the best of the three book in the series and it was definitely worth the wait.

Jenna ended Blackwatch with a massive cliffhanger. I couldn't wait to get a copy and was lucky enough to get it a few days before the release date because I pre-ordered it so I didn't have to wait for months like I did last time.

When I got my copy I had some questions I was hoping were going to get answered: What will happen to Kate now Dalliah Grey has her? What does she want with her? and What happens to Silas and Edgar? and In Legacy I got the answers to my questions.

We find out just what Dalliah has install for Kate and the city of Albion and it is not good news. Dalliah wants to bring down the veil that is keeping the spirits of the ancestors of the people of Albion from being seen by the living.

Dalliah needs Kate to release the spirits from three stone wheels to bring the veil down, in the process Silas is trying to stop them. Every time Kate releases a spirit from one of the wheels the spirits in Albion become more visible.

Dalliah also wants the Continental army (Blackwatch) to take over Albion but Silas helps the city to build an army to fight against them, he convinces the wardens - who not long ago want to kill Silas for being a traitor - to do as he says and not the High Council.

While the wardens prepare for the battle Silas discovers a traitor amongst the High Council and has him taken away. Silas and Edgar go into Feldeep Prison and get the prison wardens to go and help in the battle as well as releasing the prisoners so that they can go to the City Below to gather more troops, while they wait for the Night Train to return with backup.

I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone so I am not going to say any more about the book other than the ending surprised me I was expecting someone to die just not the person who did and even though I was desperate to know what happened to Kate, Edgar and Silas I refrained from taking a peek at the last few pages.

Jenna ended Legacy on a high and I am really happy with the ending even though I would have like to know what happened to everyone at the end in more detail maybe even a little chapter about what they were up to five or ten years after the events that unfolded :D

Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Read in 2012: 7/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...