Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Interview with Vicki-Ann Bush

I had the pleasure to interview Vicki-Ann Bush. Vicki-Ann is a new to me author.

12000882   12362194   18583989

1.  Where are you from?
New York

2.  When and why did you begin writing?
When I was about thirteen there was a city contest. You had to write a book and construct it. I was hooked.

3.  Did you always want to be an author?
I knew I enjoyed writing but it wasn't until my mid-thirties that I thought I'd like to do it more professionally.

4.  How long each day/week do you dedicate to writing?
It varies. Sometime I write several hours a day for about four or five days. And other times, it may just be a couple of hours for a day or two.

5.  What is your favourite part of a book to write?
My favourite part to write is always the beginning. The story is new and just formulating, for me that's the most interesting time.

6.  In your spare time what do you like to read?
I love anything that is usually paranormal, but my favourite is time travel mixed in with a love story.

7.  What do you do when you’re not writing?
I like family time when I'm not writing and a good book to read from time to time.

8.  If you could work with any author, who would it be and why?
Dean Koontz. He is my most favourite author.

9.  What do you do when you get writers block?
I write to music. So when I'm blocked, I choose something new to make my mind wander and create.

10.      What advice would you give to someone who "ran out of creativity" while writing?
Just that. Find music that moves you and sets the tone for what you're writing. For example … For The Dusk Chronicles I wrote to Imagine Dragons and 30 Seconds to Mars. But for my upcoming book, The Garden of Two, I wrote the whole book to the Cold Play song Viva La Vida. I kept it playing on a continuous loop.

11.      When naming your characters do you look at their meanings first?
Sometimes. Once again it depends on if the names have bearing on the story or if they're just names I liked.

12.      What inspired you to write your latest story?
A night’s sky.

13.      What is it about?
It's a YA Paranormal for an upcoming anthology book and it's about Angels and Lucifer.

14.      Did you do any research for your last book if so what research did you do?
I researched names and their meanings in reference to Archangels, Angels, Demons and Arch demons as well as some of the other characters. I used Christian references from the bible and other stories.

15.      Have you ever gotten rid of a character or changed a character in a book before publishing and then regretted it?
No. I usually like who my characters are at the time they go to publish.

16.      Who are the target readers?
My target audience is young teens to older teens. But my books seem to have a wide audience ranging from thirteen to eighty-three.

17.      What do you think readers look for in a book?
I think that depends on the reader. Some choose romance, some mystery, it varies.

18.      Why should a reader pick up/buy your book?
I'm told my stories are easy to read and interesting. It leaves you as the reader wanting more. I think that's a good reason for them to read. Don't you?

19.      What can we look forward to in 2014?
I have the release for my historical romance, The Garden of Two tentatively in May. Then the short story for the anthology in latter Fall/early Winter and I've also just completed a sci-fi with a bit of romance thrown in. That's in its preliminary editing and I will submit to the publisher when the polish is done, so we'll see.

20.      Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I love to hear feedback from the readers and really appreciate it when they leave posts on my author page or on Face Book and reviews on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It's also great to meet them, so if you live in the Las Vegas/Henderson area, I have my upcoming appearances always posted on the FB page. Please come out, I would love to meet you.

Thanks Vicki-Ann for doing the interview and good luck with the release of The Garden of Two and your anthology.

To find out more about Vicki-Ann and her books visit her at any of the following links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...